Do you find yourself needing a plumber?
Maybe you have a leaky pipe under your kitchen sink, or a flood of water coming out of your water heater! Or perhaps you just want to have someone who can help you install a new bathroom sink.
When you have a plumbing emergency, it's important to find a plumber as soon as possible. When it comes time to choose a plumber, there are many factors to consider.
Finding the right one can be tricky. You want someone who is reliable, experienced and affordable. A good plumber is professional and offers good customer service.
With so many people in your area, how are you supposed to find the right one?
The answer is that there's more than one way to find a good plumber. There are a few key things you can do to find the best one for the job.
Here are 9 ways to help you choose the right plumber for your needs.
1. Get recommendations from friends or family. If someone you know has had a good experience with a plumber, they're likely to recommend them to you. A good referral is a strong indicator that you'll have a good experience as well.
2. Look for online reviews. A quick search of Google or Yelp can reveal a lot about a potential plumber. Websites like Angie's List and other service provider directories can be a great resource for finding plumbers with good reviews. Online reviews can give you an idea of what to expect in terms of quality and customer service.
3. Ask your local hardware store. The employees at your local hardware store are likely to have some good recommendations for plumbers in the area. They have probably chatted with many plumbers and get a sense of the quality of work they do.
4. Check licenses and credentials. Any reputable plumber will have the proper licenses and credentials. These can usually be found on their website or by contacting their office. You can also access information through your state's website. This will give you peace of mind knowing that the plumber is qualified to do the job and that you're covered in case something goes wrong. Checking to make sure they're licensed in your area is an important step in finding a qualified plumber.
5. Make sure they're insured. Plumbers should have insurance to protect themselves and their customers in case of accidents. Ask to see their insurance information to be sure they're properly insured.
6. Ask about pricing. It's important to find a plumber who is affordable, but you also want to make sure they're not cutting corners on quality. You will probably want to research several plumbers. Once you've narrowed down your options, be sure to get estimates from each of the plumbers before making a final decision.
7. Make sure they offer a warranty. A good plumber will stand behind their work and offer a warranty in case something goes wrong. There may also be a warranty on any parts or appliances, like a water heater, on the work they have done.
8. Inquire about their experience. You want to make sure the plumber you hire has experience with the type of job you need done. Depending on the type of job to be done, you may want to find a plumber who specializes in that area. For example, if you need a new kitchen sink installed, find a plumber who has experience with that type of job.
9. Ask about their customer service policy. You want to be sure that the plumber will be respectful of your home and provide good customer service. What happens if you have a problem down the road after they have fixed something? Will they repair it again? Will there be a cost? Can you contact them if you have a question.
Get everything in writing. Once you've decided on a plumber, be sure to get everything in writing before they begin work. This will protect you in case something goes wrong or there are any misunderstandings.
By following these tips, you're sure to find the right plumber for the job. Here at Craig Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, we assure you that we check all of the above boxes and more. So please, do not hesitate to call us for any of your plumbing needs! We're here to "be" the right plumber and get the job done right.